Last month, The Digital Arts Experience started running classes out of our mobile STEM classroom, The DAExpress, at schools and private homes all throughout Westchester, Rockland and Fairfield Counties. While most of the classes take place on-site at schools for after school programming, The DAExpress also runs custom classes right outside of people’s homes and will soon start running Minecraft birthday parties for kids.
So what is the vehicle all about?
- The DAExpress is essentially a DAE classroom on wheels
- Can accommodate up to 10 students at once
- Equipped with 10 brand new 15″ Macbook Pros
- Makerbot Replicator 2 3D Printer available for 3D Printing classes
- Runs after school programs, private classes or birthdays at your location
- Equipped with 2 first aid kits, a fire extinguisher
- A DAE staff member that is trained in CPR, AED & First Aid will be present at all times.
Well, this sounds really cool. But is it safe for the kids?
Rob Kissner, President of The DAE said,
“We have taken all measures to ensure the safety of each and every person that sets foot in The Digital Arts Express. While a program is in session, the vehicle will be parked with the emergency brake applied and wheels will be secured with industrial grade chocks.”
Kisser also goes on to add that the vehicle uses an advanced ventilation system using BlueTEC Clean Diesel technology to ensure that fresh air is continually circulated at a comfortable temperature.
More about BlueTEC Clean Diesel:
- It’s the world’s most advanced, ultra-low emissions engine.
- Using a solution called AdBlue, the system converts typical exhaust fumes into nitrogen and oxygen, which is naturally in the air we breath.
- ADAC, Germany’s largest automobile association, rates BlueTEC as #1 in CO2 emissions.
- BlueTEC is the greenest & cleanest diesel technology in the world.
How can I get involved?
For local schools, we’ve typically worked with the PTA president or the person in charge of after school or lunchtime programming. If you are interested in getting your kid’s school involved, e-mail Rob Kissner at Rob@TheDAE.com.
For a private lesson at your home, feel free to reach out to our Director of Community Relations, Jess Hachigian, and he’ll help you with everything you need to get it all set up!