The Digital Arts Experience’s first Mobile Classroom, dubbed The DAExpress, has been running workshops, presentations, private classes, birthday parties, after school & weekend programs and more in digital art, tech and STEM-related fields all throughout Westchester since the beginning of September.
Primarily running after school programs, The DAExpress works with a variety of elementary, middle and high schools within Westchester and Rockland County including:
- Children’s Village in Dobbs Ferry – 2D Animation, Visual FX & Video
- George Washington Elementary – Game Programming with Scratch Part I & II
- Greenville Elementary – Game Programming with Scratch
- Greenwich Country Day School – 3D Printing, Java Coding & 3D Animation
- Heathcote Elementary School – Stop Motion Animation w/ LEGO
- JCC On the Hudson – 3D Minecraft Design & Game Programming w/ Scratch
- Seely Place Elementary School – 3D Printing
- Solomon Schechter of Westchester – Java Coding
- Westchester Hebrew High School – Java Coding & Graphic Design
The DAExpress is equipped with 10 laptops, a large display device for the instructor, and a 3-D printer which can be brought on location to run various programs for kids and teens. The cost runs $250 per hour, so with a max of 10 kids, it is essentially $25 per kid per lesson, or $200 per kid for an 8-week session.
Check out the video showcasing the Mobile Classroom and its features: